Monday, May 23, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
As an unmarried, childless couple, this is not how our living room looks on a typical Friday around lunch. But today. Today is different. My very best friend is in the midst of labor for her second son. Not wanting to risk a chaotic situation with her first son, he came for a visit with Auntie Mini and PC.(whom he adores).
Soon, a new member of the planet, but now just 2yo bliss.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- you can do yoga with shoes on (srsly?)
- not everything is on the floor
- there is more than one way to each pose
- you don't have to be a pretzel
- bad co-worker vibes go away when nice yoga instructor says "you are perfect and beautiful"
- I am REALLY good at standing on one leg (who'd thought that?)
- breathing is hard
- I hold my breath when I exercise... this causes headaches and makes everything 100% more difficult
- yoga is fun & hard, Pilates is hard & fun
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Monday, May 09, 2011
That lady who feeds me.is super busy again. But we did have everyone here for something called brunch this weekend. That lady said it was a lot of work.
That guy said she should share recipes with you, but I will have to ask.:...it might take awhile. She always says "Pumpkin, no!" In the kitchen. Meanwhile, look at my cute pic.... and get ready for another recipe week. Mmmmm... chicken.
Friday, May 06, 2011
Thursday, May 05, 2011
So far this week, I've made:
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi
- Seared Scallops with couscous, asparagus and a soy-garlic sauce
- Marinated flank steak
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Ingredients: romaine (I got the three-pack this week, can you tell?), southwest seasoned flank steak, cranberries, Red Dragon cheese
Tuesday, May 03, 2011
Well, unlike Osama Bin Laden, I can eat a meal today (seriously, no matter what political side you fall on, it is a kick-ass week for the US military). Today's salad is called "American classic." (you'll see why)
Ingredients:romaine lettuce, flank steak (seasoned w/ Penzey's Arizona Dreaming & lime juice), cucumbers, blue cheese and cranberries. (ahem: cranberry=red, cheese=blue & white... yup, I'm corny like that)
Dressing: homemade balsamic vinaigrette (balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard)
**notes on salad dressing:
- make your own. It takes less than 2 minutes and the freshness will liven the salad without needing more than 2 tbsp
- add it to the side of the bowl and lightly toss. Don't dump it on the top--- this is how you get soggy salad
- KISS- keep it simple, silly: a base of vinegar & olive oil or safflower oil with: lemon, lime, italian seasoning, mustard, herbs de provence, rosemary & garlic--- find something that makes your heart sing.