|Linda Carter: I bet she never had to pick up socks or figure out for the umpteenth time what was for dinner.|
(*note to PC: this is NOT about you, it's about me and perception and stress and pressure. NOT you.)
Anyway. So, I'm hear to say "I'm not Wonder Woman." I cannot do it all. I can't .
- I can't work 50+ hours per week.
- I can't be the perfect girlfriend.
- I can't be the perfect housekeeper.
- I can't be the personal chef.
- I can't keep it all together with the bills.
- I can't knit 25 baby sweaters b/c I feel stupid giving a gift card.
- I can't keep up with the laundry.
- I can't find time to head to the gym.
- I can't find the strength to trust that this lifestyle change will work.
- I can make an hour each day for me to go to the gym/walk/pilates/spinning class.
- I can make an hour each day to knit.
- I can ask for help with meals and housekeeping.
- I can stop making excuses for not asking for help.
- I can find room in the budget for some "help" with the house.
- I can have 2012 be the year I only knit what I want-- no 'orders'
- I can have the courage to say "this is me, and only me... I cannot be anyone else."
- I can insist on sharing responsibilities, both at home and at work.
- I can make my dietary changes stick.
- I can make healthy meals for myself and PC.
- I can take charge of my life and LIVE!