Thursday, May 08, 2008

WW Would've Been Wednesday

Yikes! I missed a WW wed! So, you will get it today, Friday, instead... "and you'll like it!"(said in my best mom voice.)

This weekend is the American Festival of Momness. My mom has a lot of momness.
  • She owns mom-jeans, but 2 years ago finally said "what about straight leg?"
  • My mom has said things like "I brought you into this world and I can take you out!" with a straight face.
  • My mom's spit has magic dirt removing qualities.
  • My mom bravely took 3 hungry kids to mass every week. By herself.
  • My mom makes the best chocolate cake with icing (the cake must have a hole in the middle).
  • My mom tolerated me from age 12-22, when I knew everything.
  • My mom tolerates me now, when I admit I have no idea what I am doing.
  • My mom allowed "mental health days" when you didn't want to go to school.
  • My mom played more than she did housework.
  • My mom knows how to throw a football and cook a pot roast.
  • My mom is a world reknowned emergency doll surgeon: complete with dishtowel "mask" over her face, spatula "defibrilolaters", flashlight and "sterile" dish gloves. She never lost a patient. And she let me say "Stat!"
So, this weekend, b/c my mom (and PC's mom) need to be celebrated, I am hosting my 3rd Mom-Day Brunch. The menu includes: hashbrown potato quiche, french toast souffle, salad, cheddar/apple kisses (PC is making these), and fruit salad and pastry (if my brothers remember it's their job to pick these items up).

Hash Brown Potato Quiche (or White trash tater tots 'n eggs)

Ingredients:
  • 1 bag tatertots, thawed
  • 5 eggs (or egg beater equivalents)
  • 1/2 ham steak, diced
  • 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tsp salt
In a pie dish, put 1/2 the bag of tater tots. Mash with potato masher and form into the "bottom crust" of the quiche. Line the sides with the intact tater tots. Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Put cheese and ham in cooked crusts. Beat eggs, milk and salt together. Pour into quiche crusts, over ham and cheese. Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes (Until eggs are set). Serve with salad to your favorite mom.

No points on this one... though, i think with the egg beaters, it's like 6 per slice. Makes 6 slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment