Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Thursdays--- Finale

Wow... only 4 short weeks in this month of thankfulness. Today's the day... Thanksgiving, Turkey Day, or Gobble Gobble is what I call it.

I have so much in my life to be thankful for... my home (it's rented), my cat (it's adopted) and my family. I should be stating that I am thankful for my job, my car, my clothes, my bank account, my furniture and even my food today, but I can't.

This past year, I have lost a job, been rejected more times than I can count... and I'm still here. I'm still fighting back. It's not perfect. I love my new job, I am thankful I have it, but it's not perfect. I love our new apartment (and what were we thinking adding an extra $400 to the budget without me having a job????), I am thankful I have it, but it's far from perfect.

What I am thankful for is the strength I had this past year. To get out of bed every morning and shower. To get up and sit at the computer for hours and hours, sending resumes that weren't read, asking for jobs I didn't want and smiling everyday at 4pm, because it wasn't fair to not be happy when I didn't have to work. So many days, I thought about how much easier it would be to stay in bed. To not shower. To not leave the house. So many days when my self-imposed lunch break was eating 1/2 a sandwich and crying to the cat... and then cleaning myself up and pushing on. I was strong this year. Stronger than I have ever been. I received a lot of support (PC, especially), but a whole lot of it came from me. This year I am thankful that I found out I am a strong, creative, generous, kind woman that I always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment