Sunday, August 01, 2010

Home Sweet....

Oh, I can't even say it. I don't want to be home. I don't. I want to act like a 4 year old and stamp my feet and refuse to budge and yell until I get my way. And my way is back on Lake Conway, camping.

It was a perfect, beautiful trip for us. Of course, the first night it didn't just rain, it typhooned. Isn't that right Kim? Kim lives near where we camp and if my cell hadn't died after sending her an email, I would have been able to call her to put us up instead of dealing with a leaky tent. Oh, leaky is probably being generous... the rain fly was, how do you say... useless. Necessity is the mother of invention and at midnight on Saturday, I was soaked to.the.bone. running down a muddy hill in flipflops and tying a tarpaulin to the tent. It worked. We got dry. We laughed.

Everything else on the trip: perfect. We hiked up to Sabbaday Falls, rode the cog railway up to Mt. Washington and spent a lot of time laughing. We also ate the yummiest ice cream, played with our friends' daughter, Noodle, who was on her 1st camping trip!!!

There was knitting. Napping. Laughing. Drinking. Eating. Cooking. Casting out. Casting off. Casting on. Creating. Washing. Lounging. Carousing. Driving. Wondering.

PC and I had a great time.

and tomorrow, it's back to work and I think I just might cry a little.

2 comments:

  1. I sympathize. We just got back from a week-long trip to New York and New England. I did cry and told Rudi I wasn't coming home ... while I was packing up to do just that. Sometimes being an adult just really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reentry is a bitch. I'm glad you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete