Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 things I do every day

Well, I do a lot of things every day, so let's see what I can come up with that might just surprise you. See Jessalu and Carole for some other great ideas for this 10 on Tuesday topic.

  1. Fight my alarm/phone. Yup. Every dang morning. If I'm on vacation, I'm up at 5a.m., but for work? 7 am. 
  2. Pack a lunch. This is for workdays, but I pack my lunch every.single.day. It's not always a sexy lunch, but it's saves me $5-8 per day. And it's healthier. And I have a weird hang-up about eating salad outside of my house.
  3. Make my bed. I don't know why, but it makes me feel better to come home to a made bed. So, every morning, I re-tuck the sheets, straighten the coverlet and fluff the pillows.
  4. Hold my cat. She likes to be held and carried around, so I indulge her while sniffing her head. Her head smells like rain and I don't know why.
  5. Tell PC "no fighting, no biting; be nice to the guys at work!" and "have a wonderful day!" before he leaves for the plant. He's a boss now, so this has actually gotten funnier as he got promoted. 
  6. Answer over 300 emails. Yup. I average 300 email replies per day and 25 phone calls. Needless to say, I am RARELY on the computer at home. or the phone. 
  7. Sing Yellow Submarine by the Beatles. I have no idea why, but it's on permanent loop in my head, and I sing a part of it OUT LOUD every day. It's like a pleasant version of Tourette's. 
  8. Pray. I do this every day, silently, for compassion, tolerance and humility. 
  9. Cook. I cook 99% of the work nights for PC and I. And whatever we're having for dinner is lunch the next day. It's really, really hard to have a new exciting something to put on the table every night. 
  10. Wash my hair. I'm a compulsive hair washer. I hate unwashed hair on my head... it makes me itchy. 

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of emails every day - yikes! My bed gets made every day, too, but not always by me since Dale often beats me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you drew attention to the verbs at the beginning of each sentence - very eye catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to come home to a made up bed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have worse things on permanent loop in your head than Yellow Submarine, but it's kind of funny! And a happy song!

    I like a made bed too, but often forget to do it. The dog is the last one out of bed and if I toss her out to make it, she just messes it back up until she's ready to get up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you one the wash hair thing. Since having a child, I can't always do it (unless I don't mind him screaming, crying, or pulling on my legs, etc. while I do it), but I realized, as soon as I couldn't anymore, how terribly precious it is. I hate the feeling! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey my kittens head smells like rain too!!!! came to you from carole's blog

    ReplyDelete