Tuesday, September 04, 2012

re-entry with 10 on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday this week is "10 things you love about September." Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

I'm re-entering the blog-world today... It's been a rough summer and I have a lot to share with you all, but first:

My 10 things to Love about September:

1. PC's birthday is September 2. And I'm a birthday person, so we get to celebrate!
2. School supplies. I have no children in school, I'm not in school, but I refresh our house "office supplies" every September. And, yes... it's color coordinated.
3. Apples. Applies finally come into season in September. And I love apples. Apples & cheddar. Apples & peanut butter. Apple pie. Applesauce.
4. Cool nights. These cool nights are perfect for sitting on the back deck, sipping tea and chatting with PC.
5. Cooler days and lower humidity. Humidity in New England makes me hate summer, just sayin', and I welcome fall and cooler weather like a long lost lover every September.
6. Football. I'm a "football widow" but it means that I get to have my knitting Sundays with my friend Dora. :)
7. return of good TV... lol, as true blue TV-addicts, PC and I look forward to seeing what our shows will be up to in the fall.
8. Good light. I love the fading daylight and the way it plays on the sky. Each night it's like a new work of art to admire.
9. Fall camping! If you haven't fall camped, you need to. In a tent. In New Hampshire. The bite of the air in the morning, needing to sit by the fire, snuggling in the sleeping bag to "keep warm", the colors of leaves on the lake...
10. ... and it's not weird to start putting up your pumpkin and leaves decor in September. My house definitely has a "theme" and "colorway" (pumpkin, fall, leaves, cinnamon, berry, steel blue... very Sept-Oct-Nov) that isn't always "appropriate" in say, April. :)

Big changes around Casa de Mini y PC: dietary changes- PC's down 6lbs, I'm down 12lbs. it's been all-encompassing, actually, and it's finally feeling like not so much work after 14 full days of being carb-free. I have PCOS, which causes weight gain, inability to lose weight (due to insulin resistance), infertility, and ovarian cysts and tumors. A carb-restricted (think South Beach... then think Phase 1/2 all the time) diet, 30 minutes of exercise every day and some medicine should have a positive effect on all the symptoms.  My sugar cravings are damn near non-existent, our plates look very different at dinner these days, and we're a little more energetic.

And, here's my new theme song:

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that song! Helping to turn my frown upside down on this rainy day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many great things about September. We used to camp in the fall and it was great! I would much rather be a bit chilly then sweat to death in the tent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent list. We love fall reenactments for all the reasons you love fall camping. Change in diet and exercise routines is hard but it sounds like you're in a good place. Seeing the scale drop and feeling more energetic goes a long way to keeping motivated - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lost my comment, I'll try again but you might get two. My daughter has PCOS. She was fortunate to have an easier time than expected conceiving and following through with a successful pregnancy. Smiles at your comment about school supplies. There's something about Sept, seems more of a new year than January.

    ReplyDelete