Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Famous people in Boston?

Boston's own Subway Knitter is FAMOUS.

Everyone go over and read the V. Interesting column in the Post about knitting and commuting. :) I think everyone who knits KNOWS that we are born multitaskers, but now we have the press agreeing.

So, I may become a member of the subway knitting force in Boston. (Will Colleen make me headless someday? Perhaps) How?

I interviewed for a job... back in the city. I left a job in the city awhile back (~18 months ago) to come here... A lot has changed in 18 months. Management has changed. Personnel has changed. Focus and energy has changed. And it's turned into an "old boys club" around here. I am sad to say that I am realizing a few things about people I used to have high regard for... that they don't deserve it.

Now, I interviewed for the job,but it doesn't mean I have it. It would be a step in the right direction (I want to be a Lab Instructor/Adjunct Professor) of my ultimate career goals. It would utilize some of my other talents. But, it's not set in stone, so you'll know more when I know more. :)

Knitting: the green Norweigan sweater is progressing... in fits and spurts. I have a secret project to work on this weekend. I am also using PC Sis's present as a "travelling" companion, a few rows here and there. :)
Monica over at Two Left Needles (pop over, say hi!) has knit a GORGEOUS scarf called "Sand River" that is a) perfect for my SIL who loved a similar pattern I did on a sock and b) perfect for the LL Wisteria that I bought for her for a present. :) So, I am *patiently* waiting for a pattern from Monica (I can test knit it! yaya!)
*patience: not a skill I posess at all times*


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:17 PM

    I have my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete