Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Sliding Scale....

Look to the right. Yup, the ticker. Check it out: it moved!!! Yup, 5 days on and 7.6lbs down. Holy tamales. I have learned a few things about South-beaching that I will share with you (and Kim, b/c she's a partner-in-arms on this one... we'll be the thin sophisticated ones at SPA this Feb. :) hee hee)

Good things:
  • Greek yogurt (non fat, plain) is awesome w/ 1/4 packet sugar free, fat free jello stirred in.
  • milk is my friend *
  • nobody makes salad like I make salad... 100% green veggies and lettuce.
  • Homemade balsamic dressing kicks the store brands patootie
  • I can watch PC eat couscous and not want to kill him
  • I can't watch him eat chocolate. I nearly died last night.
  • My doc gets right on the phone when I tell his nurse that I don't "feel right--- kinda pukey and light headed"

Bad things:
  • ketosis (see the milk above; if you get shaky, light headed and pukey... drink milk per doc's orders)
  • smelling bread. Srsly. I smell it everywhere
  • Spending at least 20 minutes per day planning for my 1st apple in 2 weeks. 14 days X 20 = 280 minutes of dreaming about an apple.
  • knit night sandwiches... need to pack snack!
  • extreme thirst. Drinking the required water for 2 days means now, you need the required water.

No comments:

Post a Comment