Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend round-up

I just spent 3 days and 2 nights with the most wonderful, insightful, creative and impassioned women I know: my guild :)  We had our annual retreat to Whispering Pines (at URI) and we laughed, knit, laughed, knit, sang, ate (and ate, and ate, and ate), walked, talked, shared, commiserated, swapped, cajoled and entertained each other. I saw old friends (hi Danielle! hi Lynn!) and new friends (hi Jen K!)... it was superb.

For those who don't know... I coordinate the MetroWest Knitters' Guild, which can be described as a blissful unpaid job that resembles herding cats on somedays and is complete perfection on others. The retreat went off without a hitch, although one camper didn't make it due to a death in the family. We were sad not to have her with us.

I worked on PC's curling socks... black and gray stockinette.... and then I cast on for Huron. I did my first ever turned hem with a contract color...

More photos tomorrow.. today's back to reality (work) and caring for a sniffly PC... who's getting the 'plague' and home today.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment