Jeg elsker De Grampy, jeg mangler De!
Arnold Waldo Skaare
|Arnold W. Skaare, 92 of Melrose, died March 30, 2005 at the Melrose-Wakefield Hospital. Arnold was born and raised in Richland County, North Dakota, son of the late John A. Skaare and Pauline (Heglie) Skaare. He enlisted in the United States Marines, serving from 1931 - 1936. He then enlisted in the United States Navy from 1936 - 1945, serving in WWII and then joined the United States Coast Guard from 1949 - 1960, having served during the Korean Conflict. He was a long-time member of the VFW Harold O. Young Post 2394 of Melrose. Mr. Skaare was a Cook in the Navy and Coast Guard. He was also a civilian cook for the U. S. Coast Guard in Boston and at M.I.T. Arnold shared 59 years of marriage with Natalie E. (Smith) Skaare. He was the father of Robert A. Skaare of Melrose and Richard A. Skaare of Mechanicsburg, PA. Brother of Ethel Gallagher of Bend, OR and the late Muriel Schmidt, Prudence Rensfeldt and Reuben Skaare. Grandfather of Rob Skaare, Jr. of Attleboro, Jonathan of Watertown, Kathleen of Melrose, Jason of Dublin, OH and Justin Skaare of Blacksburg, VA. Funeral Service at the Robinson Funeral Home, 809 Main St., MELROSE Saturday April 2 at 10 AM. Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend. Visiting hours Friday 4-8 PM. Interment will be in Wyoming Cemetery, Melrose. Gifts in his memory may be made to Shriners Hospital for Children, 51 Blossom St., Boston, MA 02114 Arrangements by Robinson Funeral Home, 809 Main St. Melrose, MA.|
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
My name is Mini. Well, it's not my real name, but a name given to me by the man in my life who will be referred to from here-on-out as "PC". He knows why. :) So, why do I have a blog? A couple of reasons... 1. I love reading knitting and quilting blogs, 2. It's something new. I want a place to show off my creativity. Specifically, a place where other like-minded people will be able to provide feedback and support. So, this blog will be *mostly* about my knitting, crocheting, sewing and quilting. Other things will be discussed and, yes... pictures will be added. So, in lieu of providing you with 100 things you don't know about me, here are a few things you probably should:
- I am 27 years old and live in Massachusetts
- I work in science, biochemistry and cell biology to be specific.... I am interviewing for a BIG job tomorrow.
- I have met the man of my dreams and am still with him
- I am on Weight Watchers (there will be little progress reports, but I am a little shy about all this, so no "dirty details")
- I have mostly nylon knitting needles. From the 40s and 50s.
- My godmother taught me to knit, my paternal grandmother taught me to crochet and my "nana" (mom's mom) taught me to be me.
- A blind woman taught me to quilt.
- My family has no idea what I do for a living; they know my job titles and know I go somewhere to work, but have no idea what EXACTLY I do all day.
- I lust over expensive yarn and then buy something comparable from knitpicks, elann, webs, etc. b/c I can't spend that much money on yarn!
- I read at least 2 books per week.
- I knit in public and am *encouraged* to knit during football (PC's idea)
- I only started knitting this past year b/c before that, I would pick up the needles and cry b/c I missed my godmother so much.