I've decided to be positive. We all know that in late 2008, I lost my job; in January, PC got really sick; we've had snow storms, moved, illness... but here's what you don't know....
In 2009, I ....
- found a new career that I love and am really, really good at. Really good. Ask my boss. I amaze her daily
- re-found my love of quilting and took a class. And signed up for another class. And made a quilt by myself in between
- made new friends, and kept old ones, and purged my toxic friendships.
- took control of my health and stood up to my doctor***
- learned that PC and I can do anything as long as we do it together
In 2009, I knit....
- 2 pair of socks
- 2 shawls
- 3 of the same sweater!!! (Olivia and twin sisters, Brooke and Tori have matching outfits)
- 4 hats
- 8 mittens
- 5 scarves
- 4 baby sweaters (not counting the matchy-matchy ones)
- 3 dolls
*** standing up to my doctor and taking control of my health. This is something that I think all women should do and I don't think we do because we don't want to seem pushy, rude, ungrateful, or like a know-it-all. In 2009, my doctor said the words "weight loss surgery" to me more than once. I fought to get someone else to look at my test results and I have to say, what a relief when you see a doctor who wants to help you. Dr. Schreiber, you rock.
In the upper right of this blog, you will see a new ticker... a weight loss ticker. Each week, I'll update the number and we'll all watch it move to the right. I'll also post my loss in a posting each week as well. Medication and a modified (highly) South Beach Diet will be my tools. And you. You are my cheerleaders. :)