Thursday, January 02, 2014
Friday, December 06, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
Before that, let's talk 10 on Tuesday, the "Ugh... Do I Hafta?" edition. Ten chores I hate doing...
- Cat box. I told PC when we got Pumpkin that I am totally uninterested in kitty litter. I hate it. So, 80% of the time, it's PC who cleans it, but those other 20%? I'm dying inside.
- Sweeping, swiffering, mopping floors. I hate it. They never feel as clean as my mom used to get them. The baseboards are always grimy.
- Bringing up laundry. Note: in our current apartment, you have to exit the backdoor, walk across the deck, enter in another door, climb up 3 steps to close that door and open another door behind it, walk down a rickety 9 steps and across the basement to do laundry. EVEN IN JANUARY. I have slid, slipped, tripped, fallen, scraped along this path to laundry for 3+ years. I want my own laundry back. NOW. (it used to be in my kitchen). **I will fold, put away, sort, stack, etc the laundry, I just hate hauling it up.
- Dusting. It makes me sneeze
- Raking leaves. I used to have to do this at my parents house-- I'm 5 feet tall. No matter where I hold the rake, i get blisters b/c I am grasping raw wood all day.
- Shoveling snow. Most days our landlord has us plowed, but we have to clear off the stairs and deck. Last few years and the big storms? They almost broke me. PC does a lot of shoveling, but I try to help as much as I can.
- Taking out the trash. I grew up in a house where it went out every night. PC did not. So, it grosses me out that the trash sits and sits for days. eww.
- swapping over seasonal clothes. We have teeny tiny closets (and only 2 usable ones) in this WHOLE house, so underbed storage is key to happiness. And it's my job to do it. I hate it, I hate it.
- Picking up after other people... coffee mugs, cereal bowls, trash/mail they seem to accumulate. (this has gotten significantly worse for me in years past)
- Charitable sorting- choosing what stays, what goes. I feel better when I'm done, but the process is exhausting for me. (and i need to do it this week).
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
What can I say? I have had the unfortune to be out of work, a lot, and I have interviewed a lot, with many companies. So, how do I describe myself?
-Patient, but persistent
Would you hire me?
Monday, August 05, 2013
Eating mostly green veggies kind of limits my culinary skills. I have roasted broccoli, sauteed broccolini, steamed green beans, grilled zucchini and baked asparagus...my ideas have come and gone.
Then I remembered latkes. Yummy, crispy, potato pancakes. Hmm. Potatoes are on my no-no list. So are bread crumbs and flour.
Thus, zucchini and feta latkes. I wanted them to be either a side, or a base, like for a fried egg ( drool). And i didn't want them greasy, so no oil or frying.
3small zuchini, grated, salted and strained for 1 hour
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp penzeys greek seasoning
1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper
1/2 cup almond flour ( or coconut flour)
4 ounces fat free feta, crumbled
Mix together and put onto non stick cookie sheet- 12 small balls, flattened into 3 inch disks. Bake at 425 F for 12 mins, flip and bake another 12 min.
Top with greek yogurt.