Today is the Top Ten Reasons Why I Knit.
I am kind of stumped. I learned to knit at the ripe old age of 3, so it has never occurred to me NOT to knit. Let's see what I come up with...
1. It keeps my hands busy. Idle hands and all that, but I am really not great at sitting still.
2. Focus. I wouldn't self diagnose as ADD, but I am a creative, very intelligent woman- my mind wanders.
3. Babies look cuter in handknits.
4. On my worst day, i can feel brilliant because I can turn two types of heels without instruction.
5. It connects me to my godmother, Shirley, who passed away when i was 20. I miss her every day and my heart aches to see her again.
6. I have a lot of yarn and its not going to knit itself.
7. My knitting and a cup of tea can stop me from eating after dinner.
8. It lets me go to knitting groups, where the people i meet are amazing!
9. This blog would me a lot more boring if it were just me and the cat, no knitting.
10. I am exactly have Irish and half Norwegian- if i didn't like to knit, i think my DNA would compel me to anyway. ( cables and color work are my favorites, go figure).