Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Seriously? I am going to cast on for him when I get home tonight. Look at those ears!
(you know I'll make modifications...and I can already think of a few: like US 3 on worsted weight yarn, not dk and stitching on the facial details)
And, my apologies for the radio silence, work's been a bear, and I started a garden. Yup, will try to update with garden growing fantastic-ness this week. I'm getting zucchini!!!!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
My knitting wish list for the 2nd half of 2010:
1) Finish Huron
2) knit Starsky for my mom
3) knit 4 more pairs of socks
(Clessidra counts as 2 pair)
4) knit 3 scarves
5) knit Shalor for PC :)
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
I do knit. I promise. I need to find some time to take some photos and show off my recent creations. I'm off to Philadelphia at the end of the week: work stuff. I'm 1/2 excited b/c I have been wanting to go to Philly, but will miss PC and Pumpkin. I'm heading out a night earlier than I need to b/c it was $600 cheaper, imagine that!
Also, I've re-committed myself to playing nice with South beach/low carb central. I am getting back on the exercise bandwagon and eating right. I have this insatiable urge to be active lately, I'm just trying to find my outlets.
PC has become a lean-mean-grilling machine. Yup, he talked me into a charcoal grill last year and I have to say: it's not as slow as I expected and the results are delicious.
So, in the spirit of accountability: daily updates on eating. My modified SB regimine:
- no pasta/bread/potatoes/rice/noodles/grains
- only "sugar" is fruit and only 2 servings per day
- high "sugar" veggies no more than 1X a week (like carrots)
- lean meat only
- eat every 2 hours
- salad 2X per day
- travel does not equal tragedy
Tuesday, June 8
- B: non-fat vanilla greek yogurt + blackberries and tea w/ skim milk
- SN: banana & cashews
- L: salad greens, grilled chicken, blueberries, cheddar cheese & homemade dressing
- SN: celery w/ onion dip (made w/ nonfat plain greek yogurt)
- D: kobe beef, green beans, portobellos w/ feta & side salad
- SN: hot tea w/ milk