Well, the mittens are done...and this second pair (malabrigo) are also done. And two hats and a baby sweater. Yes, I've been busy. I've also been not working, so there you have it.
Carole is not a huge fan of winter, but I am. I will admit that after the third 6+ inch snowstorm, I can admit defeat as well. So, here are ten things I dont love about winter:
- Freezing rain. I hate damp, cold pant legs.
- Ice. I'm tired of clinging to railings on stairs.
- Slush. Snow or rain, pick one.
- Dry skin...eczema is my BFF and I kinda want to break up with her.
- Booger-y children. I love kids, I do!, but I don't love YOUR booger smearing little snowflake rubbing the apples in the grocery store. Yep. Yesterday. Made me buy different apples. And wash them eight times when I got home.
- Static hair. I electrocute the cat at least twice a day!
- Heating bills...we, blessedly, have natural gas, but even our chilly home (67 when people are home, 60 at night....put on a sweater!), the bill climbs.
- Reduced sunlight...I NEED light to function. I HATE dark rooms, so our electric bill escalates as well.
- Comfort food. Sounds good until you are trying to lift those extra pounds off your yoga mat.
- Less "outside" time....I love me some deck sitting.
Countdown to camping began this month! And to kick it off, PC and I are heading north for a mini vacation to our favorite place on earth: North Conway!