Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cover-Up

Yup, I need a Cover-Up post b/c I have no new knitting to show you. *sigh* I'm in a knitting funk. I have been knitting on my shawl, but I need to intersperse that with some sock knitting... Ah, it's even boring to talk about. And I have stuff to mail to people. And the Dale baby sweater is 1) not finished and 2) about a size too big even though I got gauge. Huh. I'll send it up after the baby comes. I got time. :)

So, in a LAME attempt to cover-up my non-knitting, I present a recipe from the Mom's Day Brunch I hosted on Sunday.

White Trash Quiche:

3 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
pinch salt
1 ham steak, cubed
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 bag of Tater Tots - defrosted

Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Place 1/2 of the defrosted tater tots in a pie dish ( i like 9 inch)-- press into the bottom and sides, squishing the tater tots in to a crust. I decorate around the edge with "full tater tots"-- makes it look even more "white trash". Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt until fluffy. Add the ham and cheese to the pie dish. Pour egg mixture over the ham and cheese. Bake at 350 deg F for 35-40 minutes.

Actually: delicious. And I've made it with turkey bacon and egg beaters and had it come out WW friendly. :)

Hope this distracted you... Maybe by the end of the week, I'll be on my game. I think I need some cheerleaders so, SHOW ME SOME LOVE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment