Sunday, August 10, 2008

Because....

Danielle pushed Thom off a bridge and Terri threw Pete under the bus....

PC has been sent along after them.....

Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?
PC: It makes you happy.

Me: What is your least favorite thing about my knitting?
PC: It has taken over the house.

Me: Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?
PC: Umm.. No, it doesn't have to be. It can be.

Me: Do you think my knitting is on the expensive end?
PC: I have no idea... based on the amount of yarn you buy, probably, but I don't know how much yarn costs. I don't ask because we don't share bank accounts.

Me: Do you have any hobbies?
PC: I read, it's not really a hobby.

Me: What about all those first edition signed Harry Cruz books on the special bookshelf?
PC: What about them?

Me: Are they a hobby?
PC: They're a collection. I bought them because I wanted to read them.

Me: Has my knitting in public ever embarrassed you?
PC: (shakes head) No.

Me: Never?
PC: Never.

Me: Do you know my favorite kind of yarn?
PC: Uh, Cherry Tree Hill. Is that what it is?

Me: That's my favorite sock yarn. What about type of yarn?
PC: Ummm... (pause for thinking) I'd say merino wool or alpaca.

Me: Alpaca it is!! Can we buy some alpacas?
PC: If you got the money, buy away... we'll put them in the backyard. The landlord won't notice.

Me: So, can you name other knitting blogs?
PC: Yarn Harlot, (squints face).. the one on the train-- the Subway Knitter or whatever. I'm sure there is more. I know you've mentioned them.

Me: So, do you mind that I want to check out yarn stores everywhere we go?
PC:(laughs nervously) No more than you mind that I want to check out music stores wherever we go. Or used bookstores.

Me: Do you understand the importance of a swatch?
PC: Importance to who? Me or you?

Me: Me. Knitters!
PC: To test out the pattern you are going to use, the yarn you are going to use. To make sure it works right. It's like a trial run.

Me: very good. Do you read Minestrone Soup?
PC: yes.

Me: Have you ever left a comment?
PC: I think I have. I usually just make my comment to you as you walk past me when I am reading it.

Me: Do you like my blogging?
PC: yes.

Me: Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit?
PC: Yes. Definitely

Me: Because of the yarn everywhere or the time I spend knitting?
PC: Both.

Me: okay. I guess I should stop bloggin' today and go grocery shopping (point taken). Thank you for helping me out... Anything you want to say to the people who read this?

PC: No.

No comments:

Post a Comment