Monday, April 27, 2009

Now, don't be shocked... but I actually KNIT. Yup, been known to do it every day, in all sorts of colors and patterns...

And, the last 4 days: nada. Not one stitch made. Why?

I don't like the 'hot' and in Boston, it's been hot. Our breezeless oven of an apartment is reminding me daily why we are moving. No, we haven't found a place yet... we thought we did, we lost it. And, now we might have. I'll keep you updated as much as possible w/o compromising our privacy.

Work. Well, I wish I had better news there too. I had applied for a dream job (one I would have eventually been transferred to at my old company) and was chosen as 1 of 2 candidates to interview (out of hundreds of applications) and I am #2. Sad, but if I choose to look on the bright side, at least I made it that far. Dreams dashed. So, I haven't stopped sending resumes out and calling about positions, but honestly... it's rough out there. I've got to think "next steps" for the future... are any of my skills transferable? Let's see:

  • Is there a need anywhere outside biotech/pharma for an assay developer?
  • What about someone w/ flu research experience?
  • How about a person who can negotiate well w/ vendors?
  • Someone w/ a great personality and superb people skills? (those of you who know me *for reals* know that I can charm the stripes off a tiger)
So, the knitting... here's a parade of FOs.














Socks. Yup, a very not-so-exciting pair of socks. I love them though. And, I think my mom will love them too. They are in the "christmas basket" (see Amy: it does exist!) for now.

Pattern: my own: cast on 54 stitches on US2, k2p2 til your bored, switch to stockinette, heel flap and reduce to 52 stitches for foot.
Yarn: ( i think I already blogged this...)














Pattern: duck. (rav link)
Yarn: Paton's chunky in yellow, leftovers in orange and blue
Needles: US 5
Notes: you really have to trust this pattern... it makes no sense until you start sewing it up... but, there were 0 errors in the pattern. Stuffed w/ love and polyfill, he went in my nephew's easter basket.




















Pattern: Feb baby sweater (EZ)
Yarn: Dale Baby Ull
Needles: US 3
Notes: made for Simone's granddaughter, Brooklyn. Simone's in my knitting group and her 1st grandbaby arrived in early April... just before Easter. She needed a cute little sweater, so I happily whipped this one up as a surprise for Grandma.














And, this is my FO... It's Amy's. This is her FIRST COLORWORK MITTEN. Woohoo!!! She dealth w/ the frustration, the tangles, and the "what the f?" moments we all encounter in colorwork mittens like a trooper. Give a shout out for Amy's 1st colorwork mitten!














Oh, and here's my 1st shawl. :) It's the Forest Canopy Shawl.

Pattern: forest canopy (by the beautiful and talented Susan )
Yarn: brown alpaca (it was a birthday gift awhile ago)
Needles: US 5
Notes: love it !

More tomorrow... but wish me luck! I have AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment