Very timely, isn't it? I'm all about resolutions, making lists, organizing my world...and then promptly forgetting where I put the list, creating excuses for not being resolute and finding myself searching through the piles of stuff around the house and screaming at PC that I can't find anything. So, resolutions have not worked out so much for me. Intentions, on the other hand, I can get behind.
(these are in no particular order)
- get fit. PC brought me a Wii Fit Plus and I have a YMCA membership, so I should be the most fit individual in my suburb, but I am not. In fact, my BMI (a la the Wii) last night frightened me so badly that I woke up this morning, decidedly not hungry. Being fit will let me play tennis longer, swim farther and finally be able to get a bicycle. I want a bicycle for Christmas one of these years (a cruiser, with a basket),so that's my goal. I also want to roller skate. PC & I live near the Charles River (oh, about 6 houses away) and there's this great path that goes from our house to the Hatch Shell.... I want to bike it or roll it.
- eat & cook healthier. I have every healthy cookbook known to man and I cook the same things over & over. With PC doing a Weight Watchers diet and me following South Beach, it's not easy to make yummy dinners that satisfy us both (PC loves his carbs too). But, I have to do it. No more chinese take out each week. No more pizza. My insides are revolting against me and I feel better when I'm eating lower-carb.
- Focus more at work. I lose focus at work sometimes and I'm working on getting more aligned with my work. It's a long term goal, but one I can get behind.
- Manage finances better. This one's hard, but I'm going to do it. I need to sit down and budget my money. I need to take some risks and some safer options for my money and head out into the world. I will not turn 34 in 2011 without having some of my money work for me. A house will not buy itself. Some necessary steps will be taken this week.
- be a more considerate partner. Sometimes I forget how good PC is to me and how lucky I am. I need to be more considerate of his feelings.
- work on my relationships: I need to reconnect with an old friend, badly, and I need to re-establish a friendship with someone I lost touch with.
- get involved in more community outreach. I find myself with too much time on my hands sometimes and I used to channel that energy & time into helping others. Now I sit & eat ice cream. (see #1 and #2)
- blog 3 times a week: Monday, Wednesday, Fridays.
- publish 1 pattern per month on my blog (and get Trek to teach me how to upload them on the sidebar,etc).
- knit from my self-appointed sock club each month. I'm taking a page from the yarnharlot's book and running with it: I have a LOT of sock yarn and I'm going to knit 1 pair per month. With my travel schedule, this should be easy :)
How about you?