Oh, where to begin...
Apologies to everyone... it's been quite the troublesome past few weeks. If I owe you an email, a package, something... please forgive me and send me another reminder.
1. Birthday: MINE. I turned 29 on Monday. Yup. Got lots of stuff from PC: pewter candlesticks (how wonderful!) from the Boston Pewter Company (truly gorgeous... we have had several candlelit dinners...), the CD & DVD & leather-bound book of "hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" ( I keep singing "so long and thanks for all the fish... so sad it had to come to this!"), a Swarovski crystal giraffe magnet for my fridge ( I heart giraffes!) and the "piece d'resistance!":
A DYE KIT FROM HELLO YARN.
Yup, complete with sock yarn. Funny, b/c at the Knit Out in Boston, I saw Adrian (one of my all time favorite people... she's truly wonderful) and told her "I asked for your dye kit for my birthday". And voila! I have one! I need to hit a Michaels' or JoAnn's to get some cheap-o wool to "practice on". :)
2. new job. Now, most of you know, I left my job to move to a more "favorable" position that involves a commute into Boston. I've been here about a month. I hate it. I tried to go back to my old job, but no good... I am now interviewing like a crazy woman trying to get out of here. Not wanting to get into specifics, but I am doing something I am not supposed to do. So, that being said, I am trying to get out of here. I don't *really* want to get fired (we need the money) but it would make it easier. I have interviewed once already and tomorrow, I do it again.
3. Family stuff: my dad's back in the hospital with some complications (home soon!) and it was sort of another "thing" to deal with this week... he's going to be fine, but it always throws me off b/c I think he's doing really well... and them WHAMMO. Reality kicks me in the ass.
4. Knitting... oh, I have a few hats, a few scarves, some mittens, have finished sweaters to show you. But, I have to find the software for my camera and install it on PC's computer. it was installed on my work laptop,but I don't have one of those anymore!
5. the MBTA. How can I begin to describe how much I hate this system? I was 45 minutes late for work today b/c the Green Line decided to be "picky" about what stops they were going to stop at. Example : I get on the train at Newton Highlands. I watched 4 trains go past Newton Highlands, and NOT STOP before one let us on. Then, we get to Newton Center. "this train will be direct to Kenmore". Huh? I went one stop? I get off. Wait. Next train-- doesn't stop. Third train stops, no room... I get on anyway. Two more stops, and "this train will be direct to Kenmore"... NOOOOO!!! I get off, wait. And wait. And wait. Finally, a train comes, it's packed. I get on and it takes me to my destination... I try to get off. No luck. I say "excuse me"... I am polite. Finally, I just start pushing past people. People standing on the stairs (trolley riders, you know what i mean) REFUSE TO STEP DOWN TO LET YOU OUT. So, I finally push past someone. Who throws a Metro at my head (and it hits). I am off to work. Late.
So, soon... there will be knitting photos. I can say that I am 1/2 way through a "sand river" done in a alpaca/wool blend from an Etsy dealer who I am totally doing business with again. I also started a hat from the top down (FYI: if you are local and see a class offered by Danielle Miller... RUN TO SIGN UP. She is part of my knitting guild and she gave us a lesson last night.. Oh. My. She should run a knitting school!) .
Wish me luck tomorrow... I will need it.