Friday, February 12, 2010

Opening Ceremonies

Tonight marks the opening of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. Of the sports being played, our house is anticipating the curling, downhill racing, and snowboarding. Speed skating tops the list as well. :) And, while I never wanted to buy a DVR when we had the chance, our cable system came with one this year and I expect it'll be pretty full at the end of the 17 days of competition.

On the knitting front, have you joined up at the Knitting Olympics? I had to make some adjustments, didn't want to be accused of "doping" by bringing a started project to the games. So, I wound some yarn last night and swatched (all legal: falls under training) and washed the swatch.


My house is desert-like, so the swatch was dry this morning.... last night's unwashed gauge: 5spi (too small); this morning's washed & unblocked gauge: 4.5spi. Perfect! My stitches plumped up with a washing and got softer.


Oh? What's that? You want to know what I am knitting?

Project: February Lady (pdf), size 49 inches (2 sizes smaller than I am now)
Yarn: Aurancania Wool Solids, Color 53 "Marigold"
Needles: US 8 bamboo circulars and dpns

Pumpkin will be announcing my progress at times throughout the competition. She's been practicing her Howard Cosell impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment