10 Reasons to Watch Football.
Huh. This one is tough for me. I grew up watching football, attending football games, talking football... and I am a football widow. PC is a football lunatic, I mean, fanatic. I tend to not watch now, and instead I meet other football widows and knit.
1. Football is nice background noise. You can occasionally glance up and see what's been going on.
2. I like the linemen, screw those little little QB's and running backs... give me a center or safety any day.
3. Knitting. Need I say more? No one complains when you knit during football, because it means you aren't asking stupid questions.
4. I love watching the little ones play football. They look like helmets with feet.
5. I like watching the wee cheerleaders. I was a wee cheerleader (I was a cheerleader from age 7 to 18.... and team captain twice: in 8 th grade and senior year).
6. Little Chloe likes football now... she associates it with Uncle "PC" which I think is hysterical. Uncle "PC" has offered to teach her to throw a spiral.
7. Football watching means I make pot roast or some other all-day meal.
8. Football watching means I have the afternoon "off" to shop, knit, skip, sing....whatever I want, as long as i'm either a) quiet or b) out of the house.
9. PC's love of football is one of the reasons I love him. He's very passionate about it, but also knows it's not the world. I like a man who can see reality.
10. 12 straight hours of football for PC means he can't complain about me watching The Real Housewives or some other useless reality show that I am hooked on. :)