Monday, April 25, 2011

Left, Right...

It's not much, but it's a start. Sandy (and some excess Easter candy enjoyment) inspired me to start a walking program this morning. Our neighborhood is easily walkable and very safe; this morning's walk took me just over 24 minutes and 1.1 miles. My goal is to walk this route this week and each week add one more block to my "loop."

As some of you know, I've battled PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) for years (before it had a name!) and part of this is a pre-diabetic state called insulin resistance. Well, in order to get that pre-diabetes from turning into diabetes, I've got to shed some weight. And, my 2 year old nephew showed me yesterday that Auntie's a bit slow in the "run" department. He and I have a date at the zoo this summer and I'd like to NOT get winded when we venture from Christopher the lion to the monkey house.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:17 AM

    Wonderful, Kate, I welcome your company on this journey. Once you get the momentum going, it is quite a wonderful thing!
    You go, girl!!
    Walk on!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for starting, Kate! I'm still riding my exercise bike after 4 months so I know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The starting is the hardest part! Just keep at it, we know you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete