Tuesday, May 01, 2012
ten on tuesday
So, I live in a cubicle, so my whole world, from 8;30 to 5pm is a bulletin board. So, here are some of the highlights:
1. A prized "motif #1" photograph that my best friend Sylvie gave me for my birthday a few years back. I love it. When i'm in a bad mood, I look at it. It's my perfect day: slightly cloudy, but bright, and autumn.
2. a labbit. I can't really explain this one.
3. an lolcat that I adore: my grumpy button, you're pushing it.
4. a bag made from a newspaper, gifted to me by my boss's sister in Ireland who I've never met, but is super crafty like me.
5. a cartoon of me from the company outing in 2010.
6. a sign from PC that says: "Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh
7. a straw ornament and pink umbrella from my friend at work, Mary. She works in VA now... and I miss her.
8. colorings from Olivia, Remi, Chloe, Tori and Brooke.
9. Jack (my nephew) in his soccer uniform... love this photo.
10. and my reminder for humility and humbleness in this world: "And I'm no theologian, but I'm pretty sure that if you hold a press conference to announce your philanthropy, it cancels out the gesture in heaven" (quote from Jennifer Graham, a freelance writer for the Boston Globe). I saw this in December 2010 and it just resonated with me so clearly.