Monday, September 12, 2005

Secret Pal 6 Questions

Dear SP6-
I will be out of the country (Geneva!) until 9/19/05, so my apologies if I don't respond if you email me!
~Mini


1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
kinda snob--- don't like acrylic, but like "low end" wools and wool blends--- knitpicks is a good thing!

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
used to crochet, but don't spin

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
not a big fan of cat hair or any pet dander on items, but can hang it out in the cool New England air if necessary

4. How long have you been knitting?
off and on-- 20 years
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
knitpicks, but can't figure out how to link to it. :(

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
pumpkin! apples! fresh cotton!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
yes, but WW says I need to lose that. :( allergic to Splenda products
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I quilt! and sew bags

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love country! and rock! nope, no MP3s... sorry :(

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love fall colors-- burgandies, rich reds, pumpkin oranges, and forest greens. Am really getting into jewel tones too!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
don't live with PC (soon though!)--- no pets, unless PC counts.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
to be a mom, a wife, and a good person. Knitting wise- i'd like to learn fair-isle and intarsia

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
i really like wool blends... have been petting cashmerino for about a year--- still haven't purchased it

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am not a fan of anything without "stretch"...like linen.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
sweaters! i am working on Kepler and will start the newest Knitty.com version.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
mittens, socks, hats (quick and easy)... really love sweaters!

17. What are you knitting right now?
Kepler, sweater for PC, sweater for PC mom, 3 pair of anklets for my mom

18. What do you think about ponchos?
umm... great for my 8 year old cousin... not so great on me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
circulars! and I am really getting into bamboo... I don't have alot of bamboo circs.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
bamboo.....

21. Are you a sock knitter?
yes!

22. How did you learn to knit?
7 or 8... my godmother taught me, my grandmother tried, but lost patience.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
8 months?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
love giraffes! and eyeore...

25. What is your favorite holiday?
christmas or thanksgiving.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn? Nope, working through my stash...so, probably books, music boxes, and compliments!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have Rowan and that's it.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Plus size knitting! and the knitter's handy book of sweater patterns.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
hmm... there are so many, but i have quite a few. It's really hard to find good plus size knit patterns that aren't "geeky"

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:57 PM

    Hi Kate,
    I am your Sockpal. The socks are done, and will be on their way to you shortly. Having read that you are off to Europe gives me an extra day to get the package together!! I hope that you like them! It is hard to see them go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:01 AM

    Thanks for taking the time to put this site up. I've bookmarked it and will be back to spend some more time here.

    Check out my macys thanksgiving parade related site at http://holiday-stories-and-poetry.com.

    John

    ReplyDelete