Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WW Wednesday

I do Weight watchers. kinda. I haven't been going to meetings b/c my clothes are looser and I am in better shape, but the lbs... they aren't coming off. Surprised? I am! Many discussions with the trainer and the PC, I guess this is normal when you are working out.

Anywho.... I have a new "blog thing" I want to try: WW Wednesdays. I will post a WW friendly recipe (complete with points) that PC and I have tried and liked. I know some of you out there are also being a little bit more calorie conscious, so we all help each other, no?

Today is something I made up this week to fill in a meal ( haven't we all done this?). I call it Mexican Lasagna, PC prefers "taco casserole" (we both agreed if we had it in a high school cafeteria, this would be "taco surprise"). I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if anything seems "off" or if I missed a step!

Taco Casserole

Ingredients:
12 small corn tortillas (we like Mannys: 1 point each!)
1-15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 bottle enchillada or taco sauce (pick your poison- and regulate your own heat)
1 lb lean ground turkey
8 ounces corn
2 cups cooked couscous (no oil, no butter)
2 packets low sodium taco seasoning (or whatever you use for taco seasoning)
8 ounces reduced fat "mexican" cheese
1 1/4 cup water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large skillet, brown the turkey; add taco seasoning + water once meat is completely cooked. Stir in couscous, corn and black beans. In a casserole dish (Big one!),sprayed with cooking spray, layer 6 tortillas along the bottom. Pour 1/2 the meat-bean-corn-couscous mixture into the casserole dish and spread out evenly. Top with 1/2 the taco or enchillada sauce. Layer 6 more tortillas and the meat mixture. Top with more sauce. Cover the entire casserole with cheese. Bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes.

Serves: 8
Points: 7 points/ serving

No comments:

Post a Comment