Thursday, January 21, 2010

Attention Handbag/Knitting Bag Lovers

Okay, everyone who knows me knows that I rarely carry the same bag twice in a row. I am a bag whore. I am. I love them. The leather ones, the fabric ones, handmade, commercially produced, Coach, Gucci, Dooney & Bourke, Macy's 1 day sale specials, Marshalls clearance rack... doesn't matter. I love me a good bag. I have a zillion + 1 bags (ask PC... he asked me to cut my # by 1/2 before we moved... it still took 5 boxes (big ones) to pack them). I do not have a Jordana Paige bag. I'd love a knitters' satchel (in red, in case you are PC and you want to buy me a knitting bag... yes, I know... another one), but I am not in the place to buy one. Mostly b/c I bought a Lexie Barnes on super discount at Webs a few months back. ;) But, if you have some holiday cash and internet connection and want to feel good about how you spend... here you go:

image title

 From Jordana:

I've been avoiding the news since last Tuesday. I absolutely hate the feeling of helplessness when disasters happen. But avoiding the news isn't going to erase the huge need in Haiti. I know I'm not alone in having a great desire to do something, but have to realize that for most of us, we can't fly over to Haiti to give comfort, hold children and hand out food.

Giving money just never seems like enough. I always want to give more and wish I had a product that I could donate to help with relief. Handbags just aren't going to save a life. I've been thinking a lot on this and have come up with a way, with your help, that handbags can make a difference.

I will be selling all the imperfect handbags in my warehouse for $50 and will donate 100% of each sale to Doctors Without Borders Haiti relief.

My warehouse holds a mix of discontinued bags, including The Knitter's Satchel in Deep Red and Rio in Red Garnet, as well as current styles and colors. The "imperfect" bags don't meet our quality standards. Some have scratches on the fabric, broken zippers, missing removable pouches or upside-down labels. Majority of the "imperfect" bags have very minor problems.

The sale will start next Wednesday, January 27th at 8am PST. Every hour, on the hour, a new color will be made available. All sales will be final. The inside of the bags will be stamped with "final sale" in a hidden location. Due to the high volume of sales that I am expecting, I will not be able to personally identify what is imperfect about each bag. All bags are functional. We wouldn't sell something with a missing handle or hole in the bottom.

Some other details; we will only be accepting orders with USA delivery addresses. I'm sorry, but I just don't have the man-power to ship a huge number of orders internationally. Lastly, I will be charging for shipping. The cost of shipping will not be going to Doctors Without Borders, but to cover the cost of shipping your bag to you. California residents will be charged sales tax.

Please, please, please, share this with friends, post it on your blog, tweet it, Facebook it, you know, the works. Snag the image, spread the word! Together we can make an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment