Thursday, April 05, 2012

on my game...

You ever have one of those days where you feel like you really have it all together? My house is clean (not the craft room, just the house), I made two of the recipe below (one for tonight, one for the freezer) before I left for work (put in the oven, take shower and dry hair, remove from oven, cool while eating breakfast), took out the trash/recycling, grabbed 3 bags of clothes to donate after work... it's a good day.

Today, I want to share with you a recipe that is one of my go-to meals when we're 1) saving money on groceries or 2) having one of "those" weeks where dinner just needs to be ready whenever someone is home. (for the record, we're experiencing both this week)

Crustless quiche

5 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup of milk
5-6 ounce ham, diced (leftover Easter ham would be good)
1 cup asparagus pieces (leftover roasted asparagus is divine in this)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Place the ham, asparagus and cheese in the bottom a pie dish, coated with cooking spray. Beat milk into eggs and add to pie dish. Using a fork, move the contents around so that the egg settles throughout the dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Eat hot or let cool.

We'll have ours tonight with a green salad and french bread. And probably a beer. I said it's been one of those weeks, didn't I?

I have knitting to show, but I've decided to write up the pattern (it's simple,but we all need beginner patterns at some point, right?) so you'll see photos tomorrow. And pattern by the end of the month. If you want to test-knit, leave a comment and your email address. or email me at kskaare (at) gmail (dot) com.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! Dale wouldn't like it (it's a texture thing with him) but Hannah and I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just entered the recipe into my WW recipe builder & omitting the ham, it's a 4 point meal (for 1/4 of the quiche) ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete