Ten on Tuesday
Beating the heat....hmm. I kinda hate the summer. Especially here in the Northeast, it's never the temps that get me....you guessed it! It's the humidity. I hate that feeling like you are wading through a cup of hot soup. Your hair goes wacko, your shorts stick to you, and you never feel "right". And, Boston is on it's third heat wave (+90F for three r more days) in 2013.
But, I do know how to stay cool!
- Air conditioning. Find it. Stay there. Malls, shops, friends houses...
- Find a hill. Sunds silly right? My parents live on a hill and there s always a breeze.
- Popsicles! Cool, low calorie instant cool.
- Icy water...I love ice.cold.water in the heat.
- Iced coffee. I have a secret recipe that is to die for and make a double batch every night!
- Municipal pools. We have some great ones in the greater Boston area...and a day pass is cheap. Cheaper than the beach.
- Tank tops and shorts- my summer wardrobe. The less clothing, the better.
- Sunscreen! Nothing makes you hotter than a sunburn.
- Cool showers. This house hasn't taken a warm shower in weeks!
- Ponytails. Pig tails. Braids. Get that hair up and off your neck!