What was this wake up? Well, a great friend to me, emailed me today to tell me she had her first son. Did I know she was pregnant: yes. Did I always write in my planner "Call J" and never get around to it? Yes. Hmm... I am thinking some time in the friend-confessional might be in order. We just get so busy... work, loved ones, family... it all blends. Well, NO MORE!
SECRET MESSAGE TO J: I hereby vow to :
- meet your new son
- call you when I say I will
- visit the home you have been living in for a few years now, even if it is in Rhode Island (ha ha ha)
- spoil your son rotten (b/c I can hand him back after 4 Cokes and pack of Pikie Sticks)
- be a better friend
Other news, thanks to everyone who congratulated me on the loss... Especially "plasmid"... cool name. :) We can do this together! WW chicks with sticks rule! ha ha ha. So, today, I am eating leftover WW meal for lunch. PC and I tried it last night (did I mention I cook? and that I am DAMN good at it? right, PC?*PC is prob'ly nodding his head...*). So, I thought I would share it with you!
Thai Peanut Seafood with Noodles:
- 7 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, broken in 1/2
- 1/2 cup p.butter (reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper sauce
- 5 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 lb of Trader Joe's mixed shrimp, scallops and calamari- thawed
- cook pasta according to package
- 4-6 minutes before pasta is ready, add broccoli and seafood to pasta pot and continue to boil
- in a separate bowl, whisk the p.butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper sauce together until smooth
- strain the pasta/seafood/broccoli combo, return to pot, add p.butter mix and toss to coat
- serve immediately
should I or shouldn't I projects:
both would be great on me... I am thinking of doing both over the summer for "indian summer" sweaters...
well, more tomorrow and perhaps some PHOTOS! :) I took pictures of my first ever pair of socks last night and I might be able to wrangle a pic of my mom in the sweater I made her for Christmas.