Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Warning_ Photo Heavy Post!!

So, this is what it's like to try to make money off something you used to do for fun?

I still need feedback about pricing: overall cost for production: ~$6-8 dollars each. Time to make each bag: 30 minutes. Any ideas?




all of them...so far (add 8 tonight!)











Close up of my favorite (so far)




















PC's favorite (he likes red)



















Pumpkin's favorite (she was pawing at it)




















Inside:

DSCN0985

So, want to see what our girl has been up to? (gratuitous cat photos ahead!)

DSCN0986
and this is what happens when I said "look cute for the camera!" I think we found her calling...
DSCN0987

And here is the crocheted hat I made in 1 1/2 nights (started at 9pm on Sunday, worked for an hour or so, worked last night for 1.5 hours....) I would share the project but i got it from a friend at the Knitting Guild. I think she's teaching it as a class, so I will ask permission for the pattern details!

Yarn: 2 skeins Noro Kureyon (I had 2 skeins) of Color #134
Needles: Size K hook (aluminum)--- I would use a smaller hook or denser yarn
Time: 3 hours? if you crochet fast.
Overall: LOVE It! going to make a few more as gifts!
DSCN0989

DSCN0990

Top of the hat looks cool, no? I don't think it needs a blocking, but it might look better... I am imagining the next one as a 3 strand of mohair, wool and silk... you need about 200 yds of each. :)

Imagine the possibilities!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:44 AM

    I like the red one and the striped one, very cute! I would prefer a different color for the handle, like tan or beige. That's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:20 PM

    I think about $20.00 would be great....they're both pretty and functional. I agree with your choice of "favorite".

    SP8

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the funky floral one! cute labels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer your choice too. I am horrible at pricing. Are you going to sell the on Etsy or locally?

    ReplyDelete