Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wonderful Distractions....

Monica is a genius. Yup, I said it out loud. GO over and look at what she has spun, knit, dyed... this girl is hidden talent. And she's selling her handspun (yup, got first dibs).

When she posted the photos of Sand River, I thought "my SIL would love that scarf". And I had 3 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Wisteria (Grumperina, you are not the only woman smitten with this colorway! I have socks made in this color and LOVE them....). So, I offered to test-knit the pattern. Very few problems (once again, genius!) and I would recommend it to the following people:

1. people who haven't done lace
2. people who haven't worked from a chart
3. anyone who has 2 skeins of yarn in a great colorway and is looking to make a fun, gorgeous and FAST scarf (or shawl)

So, that's pretty much ALL of you. Monica's going to put it up for sale in the near future (a few weeks, Monica?)--- go BUY IT. I usually don't "push" products, but I know Monica, it's her first pattern published and it's great. I am 60% done with the scarf and I am working a little slower b/c I am trying to help with looking for errors, etc. I think I have done 3 hours TOTAL on this scarf and I am on repeat 12. :) 12 of 20!

How abouts some photos?
Close up of the "river rapids"....













The needle used for reference: 13 inch size US7.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:10 AM

    Aww, thanks, Kate! Thanks so much for test knitting, too. The scarf is looking great!

    ReplyDelete