Thursday, December 04, 2008

I saw this at Carole's this morning and thought: Blog fodder! :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper usually, but gift bags if I'm in a hurry.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. I love picking out the tree with PC. We measure it by how tall I am with my right arm over my head. That way it'll fit in our apartment.
3. When do you put up the tree? Varies. This year, about the 17th... I think.
4. When do you take the tree down? The night before whenever the next trash day is. At my parents' we left it up until Little Christmas (Jan 6).
5. Do you like eggnog? Only with a LOT of liquor in it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cabbage Patch Kids' playpen and snap-onto-the-table high chair. This was more of a present for Smeenie (my Cabbage Patch Kid), but it had my name on it. Favorite gift as an adult? My garnet ring that PC gave me.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom. She's impossible, puts everything you buy her/make her "away for special occasions" and then you never see it again.
8. Easiest person to buy for? PC-- I pay attention all year and try to surprise him each year.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it's a Lenox one-piece one that PC and I bought our first Christmas living together.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? We mail 'em. I love doing Christmas cards and set aside a special time to do them, with a cup of tea and some music playing. I also do the "mailed gifts" then too.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My grandmother gave me 4 kitty sweaters with glitter one year. I was in college. It was bad.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? hmm.... tough one. Miracle on 34th Street.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When am I not shopping for Christmas? I try to do a little all year b/c then the money is spread out. Next year, I'm doing a Christmas club at my bank though.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yup. A few times. And it's because someone I knew would LOVE it and I didn't.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Lazy Man Lasagna at my mom's house. My Nana's super secret fudge. I'm the only one of the grandchildren who has the recipe because I was the only one who could be bothered to sit in her kitchen to learn to make it. We had a special bond and I really miss her this year.
16. Lights on the tree? Why wouldn't you?? We have colored lights on the tree, clear lights in the foyer... and multi colored on the 2nd tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Sung by anyone, but especially by Bare Naked Ladies.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? There's no place like home for the holidays! Everyone we are related to (minus PC's sister, but she never comes home for the holidays) is within 20-30 minutes drive. Christmas dinner is at OUR house now though. PC cooks a ham.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I have to sing it to get them right and I always call "Blitzen" Nixon.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We always opened one on Christmas Eve, but now we open ALL of them Christmas Eve b/c all the kids are at my parents house for the annual Christmas Eve party.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People looking at me funny when I wish them a Merry Christmas. What? It's Christmas and I celebrate it! If you wish me a Happy Hannukah, I would be okay with that. Oh and Malls. I hate malls.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a set of pewter ornaments that are the 12 days of Christmas. PC gave them to me for our first Christmas in the apartment. I love the 2 turtledoves ...
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? Oh, I'd love to have PC propose, but that's not happening, so I asked for diamond earrings. Mine wear stolen and I miss them
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? Winnie the Pooh dressed as an angel. No, I'm not kidding. It's a stuffed animal tree-topper.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? PC's ham dinner. Hands down. With the special pineapple gravy and mashed potatoes.... oh yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment