Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Tuesday's 10

Carole proposed a timely subject as we enter the holiday (or as I say: germ swapping) season: Ten Ways to Care for a Cold.


the common cold virus; quite pretty, considering

  1. Advil Cold & Sinus. The good stuff. The pseudoephedrine loaded cold medicine. 
  2. Good tissues. With aloe. Your nose is so nice to you the rest of the year, it deserves an upgrade to the good tissues.
  3. Slow down. Ha! PC is killing himself laughing right now, because I don't slow down when i'm sick. I should, but I don't. But I do think you should.
  4. Tea. Lots of tea.
  5. Grilled cheese sandwiches. Peanut butter & Fluff on Saltines alongside Campbell's chicken and rice soup. Scientifically proven to make you feel better. 
  6. Nyquil. The nighttime-sniffling-sneezing-stuffyhead-medicine-that-helps-you-sleep. 'nuff said. 
  7. Water. Water. Water. Colds love a dehydrated body...so, fill up on cool water. 
  8. Quilts. Get on the couch and grab one. Snuggle. Add cat if needed. 
  9. Pajama pants. When you have a cold, there is no reason to wear real pants. Get up and shower , but change into clean pajama pants.
  10. Steam shower... nothing like the feeling of the steam working its way through your nasal passages.
and one more ... Elderberry tincture. Once someone near me at work starts to sneeze, I make myself some elderberry tea here at work and grab the lysol. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I am SO with you on the pajama pants thing. I have to shower but then it's into the comfy clothes I go. I don't like those tissues with the aloe, though. To me it feels like someone else already blew their nose on them. Blech.

    ReplyDelete