Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Brr... 10 on Tuesday

I have a HUGE long, photo-heavy, post about my weekend (it was Ah-Mazing) for you, but it needs to wait until tomorrow. Yes, woe is you. I'm even working on a tutorial of sorts for you all. With photos. Hello-another woe. 

Until then, I have 10 things to do when it's too cold to go outside.
  1. Knit. Surprise! Knitting is my favorite thing to do when you can't leave the house!
  2. Movie-a-thon. So far in our (omg- 6?) 6 years of happily unwedded cohabitation, PC and I have had a Lord of the Rings weekend, a Star Wars weekend, a Pillars of the Earth (Showtime, all 12 episodes, in one weekend) weekend, a Harry Potter weekend (to catch PC up before the 1st last movie) and we'll be having an Indiana Jones one soon... and a season 1 of Game of Thrones. 
  3. cook. Yup--- those are the days for roasting veggies, cooking giant hunks of meat, simmering a soup... 
  4. clean. If you are trapped in the house, you will see how gross it is... cleaning helps.
  5. nap. PC naps, I don't. On occasion, I have napped on a snow day... it's the only time I feel like it's a good thing to do.
  6. "not nap." (wink, wink... nudge, nudge). You know, the OTHER thing you can do in the room with the bed that is NOT napping. We have no kids and I think this might be harder to do with other people trapped in the house with you. 
  7. read a book. I have a nook color, so as long as i have wifi--- i'm in endless books (and endless debt. Hello bn.com-linked credit card!) and PC, well...he has a book habit like i have a yarn habit.  Just sayin'. 
  8. Scrabble. Or cards. Or any game. We like Scrabble and cards. Rummy 500 to be exact. 
  9. Call friends. My friend, Dora, is great to chat with on the phone... and well, by the time I'm up to HERE with PC (day 2 of a snowed-in weekend), she's at the same point with her hubby. We commiserate. :) 
  10. Think ahead for some blog ideas... this was #1 on my list this Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. My list would be similar. Knitting would be first for me too! And I don't nap either. I feel worse when I wake up. The only time I could "nap" was when I was pregnant - give me 20 minutes of shut eye and I was a new person. Now - forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the movie marathons too - but when it's too hot to go out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not napping is good. It helps if Hannah is away at school. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE movie-marathons. But tell me, are you going to watch Indiana Jones 4?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:42 PM

    Sounds like we could be stuck inside together. We could knit while cooking and watching movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, great list. Happy ToT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Meg--- I do watch the 4th movie. It's not "true" Indy, but it IS Indy... :)

    ReplyDelete