ATTN: Diane from Holden-- please email me at kskaare (at) gmail (dot) com, insert the @ where is says (at) and a . where it says (dot).
Ok, some of you Bostonians and New Englanders may know Childrens' Hospital Boston. and if you don't, just stop a random stranger on the street and ask them about it. A child they know went there, got treated, passed away, got cured... it's one of the best hospitals for children in the world. And they need our help. If you don't live here in Boston, be assured that Childrens' Hospital treats kids from all over the world and provides support to their families while they are undergoing treatment. It's an amazing place when you are sick child or if you have a sick child.
There seems to be a ward of 10-16 year olds who are undergoing radiation and chemo for cancer and other life-threatening illnesses who need some hats. No, not just ANY HATS... they want the fun fur. Yup, I said it. FUN FUR. And they want a lot of it! Girls, boys... teens, preteens... all running around the wards at Childrens' Hospital with fun fur "hair"--- laughing, playing, raisin' hell.... sounds good, doesn't it?
Now, the contest part. I'm willing to give up my hard earned money (via yarn) to pass out some prizes... there will be prizes for "largest # of hats" and "random name picked from hat" and "ohh, it's hat #50!". Everyone will be given a chance to win something. As the hats start coming in, the prizes start going out. Got it?
1. you email me with your name, email, snail mail and blog ( if you have one)
kskaare (At) gmail (Dot) com
2. I email you with a word document with several hat types.
3. you knit a few. I knit a few. You tell your SnB to knit a few. If they arrive in a box from you, you get in the prize drawing-- more hats, more chances.
4. You must have the hats TO ME in Boston by February 28, 2007. (these hats are not rocket science, they are easy, they are on big needles... one takes about 1 hour to knit)
5. I put your name in the contests... PC pulls names, Pumpkin announces winners via this blog and emails....
The prizes? Monica of Two Left Needles is offering up a skein of handspun. I am going to offer up some sock yarn (variety of kinds) and some other yarns. If anyone would like to donate yarn or prizes, please email me.
C'mon--- who's with me?