Friday, May 23, 2008

good week/bad week

You know what I want to do right now? go home and knit. Seriously. I just want to go home and knit. Or drive. Yeah. I am loving the new car. I do feel a little guilty about driving a V6 in a $4 a gallon world, but I am a snow-panicker and honestly, I drive 11 miles to work. I am not indepently to blame for global warming. And, now that PC has my old 4 cylinder, he's doing 1/2 the driving. And he has a 3 mile commute to work.

Mornings lately have been wonderful for driving into work. It's light, but not bright yet... and the air is crisp. I prefer early spring and fall weather to all others. I hate hot weather. New Englanders are celebrating b/c we will have our 1st 85 deg day on Monday and I'm all like "where's the AC?" I have always been like this.

Mornings have also been well, tough. For about 6 weeks, I got up at 4:45am, changed, hit the gym and came home, went to work. for the past 2 weeks, I have been sleeping in and skipping the gym. This needs to change ASAP, if not sooner. My body clock feels off and I am kinda grumpy b/c of it. I think a lot of this is me missing my "mojo" lately. I am in a kind of workplace burnout-funk (I need a good long weekend and a new project and sense of responsibility) combined with wedding funk. Honestly, honored to be the maid of honor in the wedding next weekend, not happy about having to stay 2 nights in an exorbitantly expensive hotel in NYC and play servant/errand girl to the bride all weekend. I know, I know.. harsh. I do love my friend who's getting married and I love her hubby-to-be, but right now-- money is just stressing me out.

I think it's because of the following:
1. moving Sept 1. Anyone want to help us move? Anyone know a good 1+ bedroom in the Metrowest area with 2 car parking available for under $1200??
2. school. I start school July 7. Completly ecstatic. But, must pay all money up front and then get reimbursed.
3. Disney World. majorly expensive vacation in the fall ( made less expensive by PC's very generous parental units ) that has me cringing when I see the price of airlines going up-up and away! At least we have AAA and will save a little on Park Hopper tickets. And, since we are adults, our biggest expense is food... not toys. :)
4. saving money. I am a little late to the financial responsibility game, but honestly, with home prices as low as they are (sorry, good for those of us who want to buy, bad for you who just did) and everyone telling us "ohh... you could get a house for a steal!".... it's time to start thinking more than just 2-3 paychecks ahead. Add in the very unexpected car payments for the next 5 years... ugh.

I know I am sort of mentally dumping out there today, but it's what's on my mind and when I am stressed, I just need to throw it all out there and see what happens.

-mini

No comments:

Post a Comment