This weekend is the American Festival of Momness. My mom has a lot of momness.
- She owns mom-jeans, but 2 years ago finally said "what about straight leg?"
- My mom has said things like "I brought you into this world and I can take you out!" with a straight face.
- My mom's spit has magic dirt removing qualities.
- My mom bravely took 3 hungry kids to mass every week. By herself.
- My mom makes the best chocolate cake with icing (the cake must have a hole in the middle).
- My mom tolerated me from age 12-22, when I knew everything.
- My mom tolerates me now, when I admit I have no idea what I am doing.
- My mom allowed "mental health days" when you didn't want to go to school.
- My mom played more than she did housework.
- My mom knows how to throw a football and cook a pot roast.
- My mom is a world reknowned emergency doll surgeon: complete with dishtowel "mask" over her face, spatula "defibrilolaters", flashlight and "sterile" dish gloves. She never lost a patient. And she let me say "Stat!"
Hash Brown Potato Quiche (or White trash tater tots 'n eggs)
- 1 bag tatertots, thawed
- 5 eggs (or egg beater equivalents)
- 1/2 ham steak, diced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
No points on this one... though, i think with the egg beaters, it's like 6 per slice. Makes 6 slices.