Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday: meh

Yeah, it's Monday. It's a COLD Monday. Well, not really... it's actually a seasonal one, but I'm feeling very cold today. I woke up cold, I got out of the shower cold, and I'm at work: cold.  And, there's a very slim chance of sunshine today.  

Today is also the 1st day of Phase 1 of South Beach for me. Yes, before you ask, I'm going to Phase 1 right through Thanksgiving? Yup. If there were ever a holiday to do this, it's turkey day: low fat turkey & tons of side dishes that are veggies. :) And, on Thanksgiving, I'll allow myself a little treat: like gluten free, low carb stuffing and a little cranberry sauce (PC's aunt makes the best).  So, as I've done in the past, I'm going to tell you what I'm eating and what I'm cooking. All of the dishes are good for the non-South Beach community as well. 

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (nonfat, plain) + 2tbsp sugar free maple syrup
Snack: celery sticks + hummus
Lunch: Romaine lettuce + pine nuts w/ sherry vinegarette; pulled pork (6ounces) + green beans
Snack: lentil + black bean salad (see below)
Dinner: Balsamic roast w/ onions & mushrooms; asparagus with provolone; 16 ounces milk

Veggies: 9 servings 
Lean protein: 2 servings
Dairy: 3 servings

Lentil & Black bean salad:
Ingredients: lentils (cooked), 
black beans 1 can (rinsed), 
2 small cucumbers, 
3 pieces of roasted red pepper, 
1 small onion diced & cooked, 
1 tbsp olive oil, 
1 tsp crushed garlic, 
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped.
Directions:
Cook lentils in equal parts water. Cook onions in small amount of olive oil and garlic until softened. Dice pepper & cucumbers. Toss everything in a bowl and season w/ salt & pepper. 
1 serving: 1/2 cup. 

1 comment:

  1. Monday is depressing enough but the cloudy day just adds to it.
    The Lentil and Black Bean Salad sounds delicious. Good luck with South Beach. Having yummy things all planned to eat should be a great help!

    ReplyDelete