Tuesday, December 06, 2005

We all have a "crazy aunt"....

And this one is named Purl. :) Laurie tagged the world,so I am responding!

10 Random things you might not know about me:
1. I am short... like barely 5 feet short.
2. I think "in science", and often have "aha!" moments on my ride home, but can remember them until the next day. (no need to spoil a ride home by going back to work!)
3. I have been unemployed more than employed in the last 24 months.
4. I talk/sing to myself...all.the.time.
5. I *often* mix my words up when I speak- e.g. Put the toast on the butter. PC is a brilliant Mini-translator.
6. My car is a Kia Sportage and PC named it the "cupcake"
7. I traveled outside the US for the 1st time this past September
8. My blood pressure lowers and my muscles relax (you can observe this visually) when I cross the Massachusetts border into NH.
9. I come from a matriarchal family--- and have (with marriages, kids,etc) over 24 "cousins" that I see on a regular (3-4 times per year) basis. *note: in my family, we don't differentiate between 1st or 2nd cousin or if your cousin married someone, he's your cousin. :)
10. I am a very outgoing person, who is often crippled by shyness.

9 places I have visited:
1. Annecy, France
2.Geneva, Switzerland
3. Avignon, France (Most of the Provence and Rhone region of France)
4. Vancouver
5. Montreal, Quebec
6. Los Angeles, CA
7. New England and New York
8. most of Southern Alaska
9. Orlando, Florida

8 ways to win my heart:
1. kiss my nose
2. make me mac'n'cheese
3. "squish my head"
4. kiss my neck
5. tell me you love me, and mean it
6. tell me I am beautiful
7. share your thoughts with me
8. challenge my opinions

7 things I want to do before i die:
1. get married
2. have babies
3. have grandkids
4. understand my mom
5. own a cabin
6. climb mount washington
7. quit smoking

6 things I am afraid of:
1. my parents dying
2. Roe vs. Wade being turned over
3. crowds
4. falling down
5. spiders
6. big dogs

5 things I don't like:
1. when anyone calls me Kathy
2. people who refuse to give their children "limits"
3. men who think they know the best decisions for a woman's body
4. religious fanatics/zealots who don't respect my right to my beliefs
5. uncomfy shoes

4. ways to turn me off:
1. tell me how to do my job
2. stop listening when I am talking
3. agree with me just to agree with me
4. be a bad friend

3 things I do every day:
1. tell PC I love him
2. put on underwear
3. shower and wash my hair

2 things that make me happy:
1. PC's hugs
2. pajamas

1 thing on my mind RIGHT now:
1. how late is this guy going to be for our meeting?

Well, no knitting content... but more knitting news tomorrow!
Oh, the new Knitty is up... I think I have a few I NEED to make... more tomorrow
~mini

No comments:

Post a Comment