Sunday, January 25, 2009

New-to-me

On Saturday night, after many many many hours of labor (too many...poor thing), my SIL gave life to my nephew, Jackson Robert. He's 8lbs, 12.2 ounces and 22 inches of pure breathtaking beauty. He's the first son of the first son in our family. The first grandchild... and he has already been bestowed with handknits. :)

PC and I met him today and we're going to pop down to bring his very tired parents dinner this weekend.

This weekend I held my first "nephew", R... a best girlfriend's son and my brother's first child. In less than 24 hours...one is 4 months, one is 20 hours.

Many don't believe in these things, but I am thanking God for all the good in my life tonight. I have PC, healthy and receiving the best healthcare on the planet... a new life in our family... my parents (both alive to see their grandbaby...something 3 years ago wasn't a guarantee)... and my friends... who have become my family.

Knitting updates tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment