Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm thankful for....


Imagination, the one I have and the ones that others have. Look down at your cell phone. Your iPod. Your car alarm thingie. Someone used their imagination and said "what if...." I work with a large amount of "what if" people, people who's creativity knows no bounds and who think mine is limitless as well. It has been my good fortune to have a creative lifestyle and an outlet for my need/desire/urge to create. I love watching little children play... their imaginations are so alive! A toy truck can be a telephone, or it can be a baby carrier. The ability to look at something and see not only what it is, but what it can be.... this is the part of my imagination that I love. As knitters, we look around a room filled with balls of string, essentially, and say "i can see that as a sweater" or a hat, or socks.... we imagine the potential. And, it's an amazing gift.

Is your imagination limitless? What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment