Friday, November 13, 2009

The true meaning

...of giving. It's here. In this story. Go read it and then come back. I'll wait.

You back?

Good. So, what does this wonderful human interest story in our 'local' paper tell us? That giving doesn't have to be with all the hoopla. I spent 4 years of college volunteering, and never stating a word about it. I just did it. PC and I give to Lazarus House (please join us, it's in dire need again this year) each year, but while we ask others to participate, we never disclose how much we give.

It's about doing the good thing for the sake of the good thing. I think Mr. Stone is the last of the mohicans... a true standout gentleman who looked around, saw the community where he has a business and said "hmm. they need "X"." and then gave them X. Mr. Stone has the money, the resources and the mindset to do this and I, for one, think it's great.

Nothing is named after him, he's already provided for his children (he owns Sterilite) and I think he might have wanted to see the good he does. A moment of pride. That's it.

So, god bless Mr. Stone... and keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment