Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ten on Tuesday- blah edition


Ten tips for fighting the winter blues? As a winter-lovin' girl... I don't see much of the blahs that most complain about, but here's what I like to do in the winter:

1. Go skiing. Find a slope nearby and take a lesson. The sensation of going downhill is amazing. My 2013 goal is to get back on my skis.
2. Try a new tea. Sounds odd, but I like to have "wintery" teas, like chai, to add some spice to the season.
3. Yoga. I'm a new convert to the bendy world of yoga, but the studios are warm and you can be in shorts and t-shirt while you do it...
4. Swim. Find an indoor pool and swim.
5. Snowball fight. Sled. Ice skate. Pick a "childhood" favorite and try it again as an adult.
6. Stay in bed. *ahem* No more "it's a nice day out, we should go outside" excuses. Spend a morning in bed. I'm sure you'll find something to do.
7. Knit. Sew. Quilt. Take on a project that will cover your lap. (my blanket, anyone?)
8. Host a dinner party. Cook something that heats up the house. Get good wine. Friends and laughter always brighten the winter.
9. Curl. This one's PC's, but he has a winter sport that he loves.
10. Hug a cat... my cat really loves me in the winter. Mostly because she can warm up on me. But, hugging the cat makes me happy...especially when she hugs me back.


4 comments:

  1. Good list. Especially #6. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wintery teas, sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love six! I like eight, too, but mostly for the part about the wine, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to give yoga another try. I discovered a new studio pretty close to my house that my neighbor started going to and raves about. And my little dog loves me in the winter time too. She wants to be under the covers as well as on my lap!

    ReplyDelete