Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Loose Ends...

So, I want to say thanks to everyone who has been commenting. I have been a bad blogger, normally I send a personal email to every comment. These past few weeks, "notsomuch". If you are willing to bear with me, I promise to make it worth your while!
Today I want to tie up some loose ends and let you all know where I am in which projects.

1. The blob.
It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits It fits
PC tried it on Sunday afternoon with all these weird stitch holders holding it together like giant diaper pins. He says it's a bit tight across the belly area (I was concerned while knitting this), but it'll be ok. Only the sleeves to go...I'll be visiting sleeve island this evening!

2. Baby sweaters.
Ok, so is anyone going to know I intended to knit 3 and only made 2? Nope, didn't think so. So, 2 sweaters, 1 quilt... ready to wrap and go!

3. Bloomin' Feet:
Sock yarn arrived. Cascade Fixation in two colors... am working out pattern and size. This yarn is hard to "pattern". :( I'll work something out!

4. Knitting Olympics:
have yarn, have pattern (in FRENCH) and a photo. I will be working out the math and charting the front tonight. :)

Side note: while I did Alison's Sockapaltwoza last time, I decided to sit this one out. I want more hand knit socks,but I am really into the Bloomin' Feet one. Also, I have a lot of sock yarn that is waiting for "me" socks. So, I will be knitting my Bloomin' Feet socks and then, as a project-on-the-run, I will knit socks for Moi. :)

Daddy update: working with a team at the hospital. They seem great! He has MORE tests to determine the treatment (although it feels slow, they are just being very comprehensive..and they should be! He's my Dad!). Looks like 5 1/2 weeks radiation and chemo (he is in good health and can tolerate both) then surgery! The latter is the worst...and most dangerous. I hope they can shrink and zap this out of his body before surgery! Keep us in your prayers and think good thoughts for my dad. Maybe I'll teach him to knit while he's at treatment! Ha ha ha.

(Imagine: 60 year old trucker, 6'3", 300+ lbs.... knitting. :)

:) Mini
photos tomorrow, I hope....damn blogger!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:54 AM

    I'm so glad to hear that PC's sweater fits. A few sit-ups and his belly will fit the sweater perfectly;)
    I am going to have to pass this go around on the sockapaltoooza too. I am up to my neck in everything nonknitting at this point and I would never want to disappoint anyone.
    I'm glad to hear that things are in place for your Dad. Once you have a team you are ready to go! I'll keep him in my thoughts.
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:45 PM

    My fingers are crossed for "Shrink and Zap." Cascade Fixation is hard to pattern but fun to wear! I love the stretchy stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:08 AM

    Seems to be the a select group of us (the Bloomin'Feet knitters specifically) who are willing to knit within a small hankpicked sock swappers. I'm with you all on that one. The gigantic swap has got to go!

    Don't mean to sound selfish, but I would like to get as good as I give. You know, nice fiber, careful knitting. I think our hand picked group has these same values!

    ReplyDelete