Thursday, January 12, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Umm...a little bit, I like WoolEase and Cotton Ease-- oh and Plymouth yarn for baby knits, but other than that, I am more of a "natural gal"-- I really like alpaca/wool/silk/cashmere/cotton--- especially blends!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet, but refuse to spin... although I love handspun yarn
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Umm...everything! I am currently trying to make some sort of needlecase for my needles.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting a LONG time... really improved over the past 2 years.--- prob'ly a intermediate leaning toward advanced. I would say I have known how to knit since i was 6 ( I am 28 now)
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope, but anything from Knitpicks is good! :)
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like all things pumpkin, vanilla, and "clean laundry"
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES! But, WW is anti-candy. :( I do like nice dark chocolate..... yummy!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I like to sew, quilt, make wreaths, flower arranging, you name it- i've tried it. I don't like scrapbooking though, at all.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I LOVE country music!
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all colors, but yellow washes me out. I like fall and "natural" colors. And I am told I look great in red!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Live with my folks now, moving in with PC very soon... my parents have a dog, but it's not my dog--- his name is Rascal and he's 5 months old.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear all but the poncho. I don't think they look so great on me
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Oh wow... um, Cascade 220. Feels good, great stitch definition and so many colors. But, against the skin, I like cotton (Flash, Provence) and Rowan Cork
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Mohair... itchy fussy and itchy. Did I mention itchy?
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
mittens and sweaters (designing my own)
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
mittens and scarves.... there are so many great varigated scarf yarns out now (Schaefer collection comes to mind!)
17. What are you knitting right now?
sweater for PC, some stuff for baby gifts, and a sweater for me. Oh and 2 pair of socks. :)
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES! I have NO CRAFTY friends, so I rarely get handmade gifts... it would be a nice change!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circs....
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I am currently obsessed with Bryspun circular needles... I want to get to a "full set"-- I only have US8 and US 5 now.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both!
22. How did you learn to knit?
godmother taught me... I knit to remember her.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months.... it's in the finishing pile now.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Eeyore....
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas!!!!
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Bryspun needles....coffee mugs from different places
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
NONE... I pick them up when I get a chance. I am hoping to get an IK when we move.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Sirdar Cheeky Chinos, Real Knits for Real Women, The Knitter's Book of Handy Patterns ( I have the sweater one) Vogue Knitting ( the big copy)
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Intarsia, and continental knitting-- would really love to learn finishing techniques.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knit socks! my foot is 9 inches heel to toe, 10 inch instep and ankles, about 9 1/2 inches. I like socks to be snug and machine washable
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
10/09

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Hi Secret Pal!
    Wow, we have alot in common! hope you have fun the next few months!
    tomorrow a lil something will be in the mail to you!

    ReplyDelete