Still love knitting socks for my Bloomin' Feet pal if I HATE their sock yarn? Arrggghhh... I have been HORRIBLE at posting for the Bloomin' Feet (and I am also the last one to be done). How have I been doing? Well let's see:
1. Lost socks during the move for a week. A week. Panicked for about 4 days.
2. Have had to rip and restart each sock at least 6 times. I have never done this for a sock.
3. THANK GOODNESS my sock buddy has feet about the same as me (bigger ankles, but for some reason, I have very wee ankles I think), so I have been able to try them on as I go.
NOTE: I will be washing them tonight...I'm not sending anyone stinky socks!
4. I know that there are knitters out there who absolutely LOVE this sock yarn and I can appreciate it's cotton-y elastic-y yumminess, but dude... it's hard to get gauge.
So, each sock is DONE. I have downloaded a "guide to grafting" tonight and I am using the ice cream scoop as a darning egg (hey, it works!)... I will graft tonight! I am nervous b/c I am notoriously awful at kitchenering, but these aren't for me... they need to be perfect!
Wanna see them?
They are "footies" for my pal. It's funny, I have done longer socks on smaller needles faster... anyone else have this problem? I have more of this yarn ( I am sending some to my pal, she really likes it!) and I think for cotton socks for moi, I am going to head over to Grumperina's new friend and see what she has!
1. finish socks
2. make pretty package for socks
3. get SP7 final package together