Monday, November 21, 2005

So, what's a nerve-wracked girl to do?

Knit.
Knit.
And knit s'more.
DSCN0740
Finished Gift:
Hat, Mittens, and Scarf for Christmas
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky
Comments: do I really want to give this away? *sigh* yes....

And knit even more...
DSCN0743
Finished Gift
Hat and Mittens
Yarn: vegetable dyed wool (romney) from a NH yarn shop. I found this at the League of NH Craftsman's Fair this summer, but they could sell me the yarn, so I called them up the next week and ordered it from their shop. I have one more BIG ball of this put up... for moi. :)

And then more present-knitting:
DSCN0744
Brother #2's Scarf
The Boyfriend Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (basically a mistake rib pattern), but I like the "wrong" side better....
Yarn: Plymouth Baby Alpaca
Gauge: 3 spi on 10.5 US
Comments: it used all of 2 skeins to make about a 5 foot scarf... needs blocking and a bath. This stuff sheds like crazy, but it's sooo soft and squishy I didnt' want to stop knitting.:) I have one more skein and it's already wound, so I have enough for a hat

DSCN0747
Soon to be hat for PC's mom. I am using another yarn that I got from the same yarn shop at the NH fair. This yarn is romney/alpaca blend--- shetland yarn. I have no idea what that means, it's nice... but I am thinking of moving to the "lady hat" pattern that Amy Boogie designed. :)

So, overall... I have this left on my list:

Mom's scarf-hat-mitten-set
PC's mom hat-mitten-scarf-set
PC's dad's hat
My dad's hat(s)

that's it? YAHOOOOOOOO.
~Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment