Monday, June 19, 2006

So, it has been a LONG weekend! I was "working from home" on Friday while my brakes were fixed... it was ok-- a little muggy in the Boston 'burbs. Also, on Thursday, I received a SP package that I have been lax on blogging about (after 8+ hours with the computer on Friday-- i didn't want to turn on the box o' evil at all...) My SP (hi!) is great! She sent a new journal (already in use), cute post-its (already in use), coupons (I love this girl!), catnip for Pumpkin (umm... yeah, she's already got that in use... we may have to enroll her in CA "catnip annonymous"), and yarn!
DSCN0934
That's Socks that Rock in "POP ROCKS"... this is TOTALLY GOING CAMPING! I have the PERFECT pattern for this! I can't wait! I'm sorry if I forgot to mention anything else from the box... oh! Sorry a candle! A VERY yummy smelling vanilla candle (on my coffee table... will burn it tonight)... it was all decorated with pines cones and potpourri (have the bowl for it... need to keep cat out of it.

So, how's that baby dress? Ok... here's the progress so far:

DSCN0935
DSCN0936
DSCN0937
Pumpkin was "helping" me with the knitting this weekend. You can see, she is looking to see why I COMPLETELY skipped a design feature... in the original photo, you will see that there are 6 rows of garter stitch above the lace flower motif... then st.st. On MINE? Not there. Heh... design feature? So, I noticed this AFTER I finished the back (yeah, Pumpkin noticed it first... I didnt' until I was ACTUALLY reading the directions for the front right section. I dont' think the baby will notice.
DSCN0933

Father's Day went well... we saw both my dad and the PC's dad and Grampa. We also took posession of two new AC units for the very hot and sticky casa de Mini y PC. Oh, what a miserable hot apartment this will be.... especially our kitchen. I don't know how I am going to do it... what do you make for a man who won't eat salad when you want to "not cook" or turn on the oven b/c it makes you open the windows in January it gets so hot? I dunno either. I am thinking a lot of taco nights--- and perhaps some "make your own submarine sanwich nights". Actually, I am hoping to make some stuff like Mac'N'Cheese and lasagna on cooler nights and freeze it back... then we can "heat dinner". :) So, that was our very busy weekend. We watched the US take on Italy for the FIFA world cup. We went to see The Omen. Good remake! Work kind of has had the proverbial shit hit the fan--- group members dropping like flies. (quitting, not dead). Going to be a rough summer...


If you are NOT my KSKS sock swap pal, then you probably don't care about this:

Knit Sock Kit Swap Questionaire:

What are your favorite colors?

all colors!

Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks?

about one year?

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?

multi I think... I don't have much solid for textural work

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?

superwash wool

Where do you usually knit socks?

at work, at home... camping.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?

Clinique make up case and Trek swapped giraffe bag

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?

free ones! No, I like ones that are fairly easy to remember... and have a lot of stretch, I like my socks snug.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?

magic loop and eye of partridge heel

What new techniques would you like to try?

toe up and two at a time on magic loop and picot edge

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?

circs for magic loop

What are some of your favorite yarns?

Lorna's Laces, Lisa Souza, Crown Mountain, Shelridge Farms, Socks that Rock!

What yarn do you totally covet?

the new Crown Mountain line of sock yarns and ALL the colors of Shelridge Farm. :)

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?

Any of the Vintage Sock patterns...

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?

Addis Size 2, 1 and 0 32 inch or 40 inch

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?

Crown Mountain superwash--- handspun tightly and just slightly unusual.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?

I heart all things popcorn ...

What’s your favorite animal?

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?

I have a cat named Pumpkin... she's 3 but oh so teeny.

If you were a color what color would you be?

orange...

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)..

Ahh.. the cigar brand t-shirt that I stole from PC on our 2nd date (oh, I just let a HUGE cat out of the bag there!)--- I have slept in it almost every night since.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?

I love the work of Ansel Adams, Imogen Cunningham, and Edward Weston.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.

"if we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research"-- Albert Einstein

Do you have a wishlist?

Nope...

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today?

I'm so excited to begin this swap!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:38 PM

    So glad you liked your package....and especially the yarn. I had a lot of fun putting it together.

    LOVE the dress so far....and I believe you can say the lack of the garter stitch is a "design feature" and is your way of putting your "signature" on the work!

    Hmmmm....now I have to check out this "Crown Mountain" yarn you mention....I've never heard of it.

    Your SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. The STR yarn is gorgeous and you are making great progress on the dress.

    ReplyDelete