1st: from my Tea Swap Pal : Teresa from Knitting the blues! ( I read you!!!!)
She sent me 4 teas from Adiago (Chocolate, Vanilla, Peppermint and Spearmint), one tea named after an author, the book the author wrote, green tea with citrus, a card (made by Cara!), a package of tea sized chocolate cookies, ....
2nd package: also from my Tea Swap Pal! (she forgot to add the yarn)the yarn is Koigu KPM (2skeins!) in a gorgeous blue... I am thinking of adding it to 2 skeins of alpaca with a twist (white) that my SP from SP7 sent me.... a very cool two color hat???
I was totally blown away! Teresa--- thank you!!!! I cannot wait to try these teas! Good thing is a rainy week and therefore knitting and tea go hand-in-hand on rainy days!
3rd package (yup, a third!)
My knives. PC ordered me a set of knives from RONCO (yup, the informercial guy!) and I have to say, I am in LOVE. I really love to cook, but prep work is tedious and frustrating with subpar knives. So, I had purchased 1 "good" ($30) chef's knife and a set of knives that came in a butcher block from a discount store when we moved. The steak knives broke. Another knife broke. So, enter the RONCO knives. PC also got me the knife block which is cool b/c all the slots are marked "chef" or "bread" or "filet". I am in love. A chop and serve knife! I am so excited!
a meme: (saw this on a few blogs)
1. Who was your best friend? Probably Heather. We were never really good friends until that year.
2. What sports did you play? Cheerleader for football and basketball... before y'all start in on me... cheerleaders had to run laps, practice 4 days a week for 2 hours and travel with the team...and be perky. all.the.time.
3. What kind of car did you drive? Senior year I had my own car... a 1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88- you couldn't go over 45mph and I had a radio that I could slide out and put in my locker.
4. It's Friday night, where were you at? Cheerleading! MHS football was Friday night and basketball was Tuesday and Friday every week.
5. Were you a party animal? Nope. Not even close.
6. Were you considered a flirt? No.
7. Ever skip school? Once. And it was "senior skip day" (we were "allowed" to skip) and on my way to breakfast with friends, my car broke down and I had to have my mom come pick us up.
8. Ever smoke? yup
9. Were you a nerd? Uh, yeah. I was always reading and I didn't "fit" with any one group. I was a cheerleader, in the honor society and got good grades. I didn't do drama or anything like a "club" b/c I worked while in school
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? Never.
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? Oh, no... but my mom can! She went to the same high school!
12. Who was your favorite teacher? Ms. Packer, Honors Biology I. She taught me (the only freshman in the class) about cells and signalling and structure and I haven't looked back. She was the 1st person I knew who was passionate about science and their job.
13. Favorite class? Physics... we worked in groups at tables of 4. We "acted out" all of our physics work... Mary Brown was a fictious character that we routinely threw off the roof to estimate trajectory.
14. What was your school's full name? Melrose High School
15. School mascot? Red Raider (oh, so not politically ok,but one other town in our division had the same one!)
16. Did you go to Prom? yes, i went to my Jr. Prom with a senior from my bio class. He was adorable! I went to Sr. Prom with a friend.
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Not a chance!
18. What do you remember most about graduation? Singing "My Way" by Frank Sinatra -- the whole class sang this standing on our chairs while the newly appointed principal gave his speech. He started talking, we started singing. Our old principal had been removed mid-year for political reasons and we loved him. He used to sing Frank songs over the PA each morning. Now that I think of it, there have been more issues with violence and behavior problems since he left. Example of discipline: destroyed a book? Stand in the lobby during lunch with a book on your head and a sign that says "I steal from other students by destroying school property". Creative. I also remember my mom getting mad b/c I refused to shake the mayor's hand when he handed me my diploma. My dad was very proud. Our mayor was being impeached for stealing money from the education budget and refusing to recognize girls' sports.
19. Favorite memory of your senior year? Sitting next to the governor as he explained to my principal (the new one) that I needed to continue my independent study ( I worked at the State House as a peer leader and this required a lot of time off from school--- ). And my principal trying to argue that I was not learning on my own (damn near perfect GPA, thankyouverymuch)
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? Like everyone else, I have no idea what this means.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? I worked from the age of 14 to 17 at Dairy Maid- a soft serve ice cream shop two towns away.Full time in the summer and part time nights and weekends during school.
22. Who did you date? No-one.
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? The caf...
24. Have you gained weight since then? Doubled.
25. What did you do after graduation? There was a party at my house and 100 kids from my class showed up! I was surprised! So were my parents!
26. When did you graduate? 1995